Care & Maintenance  

Home
M & M Carpets, Inc.
Products
F.A.Q.
Service Request
Comments
Catalogs / Manuals
Support Forum

 

While all carpets will require general maintenance and cleaning, no carpet is absolutely stain proof. Only about 20 percent of carpet soil is soluble in water or solvent. You can remove much of the remaining 80 percent by vacuuming daily.

Regular carpet maintenance includes:

  1. Vacuuming and spot cleaning your carpet daily.
  2. Pay attention to high traffic areas.
  3. Clean up spills as soon as possible.
  4. Schedule an annual carpet cleaning by a trained carpet care professional.

To ensure that spots are removed properly, keep a carpet first aid kit handy that contains:

bullet

Dry cleaning solvent e.g. perchlorethylene

bullet

Detergent solution 1 tsp. of non-bleach powder in 1 cup of water

 

 
bulletAmmonia solution to neutralize acid stains 1 tsp. of ammonia in 1 cup of water
 
bulletVinegar or citric acid solution to neutralize alkaline stains
 
bulletWhite absorbent cloths or paper towels

Remember, no carpet is bullet proof!

 

 

Carpet - Fiber Know How  -  Style & Texture - Color - Getting to the Bottom (Padding) - Care and Maintenance - Carpet Companies - Home

 

Home | M & M Carpets, Inc. | Products | F.A.Q. | Service Request | Comments | Catalogs / Manuals | Support Forum

Questions or problems regarding this web site should be directed to [CompanyEmail].
Copyright 2002 [CompanyName]. All rights reserved.
Last modified: 07/02/01.